I was served this Amish Baked Oatmeal recipe for breakfast during the Women’s Retreat I attended in Haiti back in May. It was delicious, and I don’t even eat oatmeal very often. I asked for the recipe, which was emailed to me, and can also be found at www.food.com. Enjoy! (Disclaimer: I have not yet made this recipe for my family, but plan too soon. May take a few tries to “get it right”.) Tamar Miller
· Total Time: 55 mins
· Servings: 6
o 1/3 cup butter
o 2 large eggs
o 3/4 cup brown sugar
o 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
o 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
o 1 teaspoon nutmeg or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 1 cup milk
o 2 tablespoons milk
o 3 cups oatmeal ( regular or quick)
1. Melt butter.
2. Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish and drop in eggs and beat well.
3. Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, and salt. Mix well, no lumps.
4. Whisk in butter and both measures of milk, then add oats.
5. Stir well, and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-45 min, or until set in the middle.
7. Serve hot with warm milk poured over.